Certain characteristics put you ahead of the pack. Here's what hey are, according to Dr. Phil .com.
- Vision: Champions get what they want because they know what they want. They have a vision that keeps them motivated and on track. So be clear about what you're after.
- Strategy: People who consistently win have a clear and thoughtful strategy. They write it down, and avoid any alternative that doesn't get them closer to the finish line.
- Passion: People with a passion are excited to get up in the morning, and are energized about what they're doing. You need to live and breathe what you want, and enjoy the journey there. Another characteristic of successful people:
- Truth: They have no room in their lives for denial, fantasy or fiction. They hold themselves to high but realistic standards.
- Flexibility: Sometimes even the best-laid plans need to be changed. To succeed, be open to input and be willing to start over.
- Successful people also have a nucleus, so surround yourself with people who want you to succeed. They'll move with you toward your goal. But bond with people who have skills and abilities you don't have. This way y>ou can be part of their support system, too - and share your talents.
And the final trait of a successful person:
Self-management: People who are "winners" take care of themselves - mentally, physically, and spiritually. The most important tool they have in reaching their goal, is their own strength.