Statistics show that one out of every eight meals eaten tonight will be restaurant take-out. So base your next order on your health goals! Whether you want to lose weight, prevent Alzheimer’s, or have more energy – the solution could be on the end of your fork. Try these options we found in Woman’s World Magazine.
- If you want to lose weight: Order Italian and start your meal with minestrone soup. Why? Studies show that people who slurp minestrone soup first, chow down on 30% percent fewer calories during their meal. The broth fills you up, so you eat less. It’s also really good for you, because it’s loaded with vegetables and antioxidants.
- If you want to keep your heart healthy: Order Chinese. Just make sure you choose dishes made with tofu. Studies show that the soybean protein found in tofu may protect the heart and help prevent cancer. In fact, eating tofu regularly can lower your risk of ovarian cancer by 44% percent.
- What should you order if you’re depressed? Japanese food. The omega-3 fatty acids found in fish like salmon and mackerel – which are sushi staples – cut your risk of depression in half. Why? Because the fatty acids in fish make it easier for feel-good chemicals to move around the brain.
- What if you need an energy boost? Then order Greek. Many Greek dishes use lamb meat, which is an excellent source of zinc. Research shows that people with more zinc in their diet, have far more stamina than those who don’t.
- What if you want to prevent diabetes ? Then order Mexican. The catch here is to order vegetarian tacos and burritos. Because the beans are chock-full of fiber, which helps balance your blood sugar levels.
- If you want to lower your risk of Alzheimer’s: Order Indian food. The curries used in Indian dishes are made with turmeric – a pungent spice that’s an antioxidant. In fact, the elderly in India have the lowest rate of Alzheimer’s in the world!