Everyone needs rules to live by. So, here’s a list of rules to help you succeed in the workplace. This advice comes from the experts at Career Builder .com:
- Even the boss has to get his fingernails dirty. So, don’t make the people below you do things you haven’t done, or aren’t willing to do. After all, the best way to lead is by example.
- For every one word you say, let other people say 10. Because when you listen, people like you better, they tell you more, and you’re more likely to know what’s going on around you.
- Never make a decision when you’re angry. It’s impossible to think clearly when you’re mad. And you might make a threat or a promise you can’t deliver on, or do something you’ll regret later.
- Never break your word. If you’re going to make a promise, keep it.
- And the final workplace rule to help you succeed is: always overestimate how long something will take, and underestimate the reward for getting it finished. That way, you’ll never be disappointed.