- First: Say what you mean, and mean what you say. It may sound simple, but when you beat around the bush or get wishy-washy, it gets you into trouble.
- Then: Don't be the office know-it-all. Instead of always giving advice, be an advice-seeker instead. It'll help you stay respected and always in the loop. Often, insecure people act over-confident to mask their true feelings. But it's better to say "I don't know, but I'll find out" than to make a fool of yourself with the wrong information.
- The third way to make your workplace more pleasant: Get more personal. For example, instead of a generic "Hi, how's it going?" - be specific and ask a sincere question. Like, "Hi, how'd your kid's Little League team do?" When your coworkers realize you care about what happens to them outside of work, it'll really boost morale.
- Number 4: Share the wealth. In other words, if credit and compliments for a "job well done" come your way, be sure to give credit to the other people who helped.
- Another way to boost morale at work: Go out of your way to say thank you. Give your coworkers plenty of feedback and recognition, and think about bringing flowers or bagels to work for no apparent reason.
- Finally, if a rumor makes its way to your ear, let it go right out the other. And don't jump to conclusions. Investigate all the facts before you make any judgments.
Congratulations on your upcoming job interview! Whether your interview is tomorrow or next month, here are a few tips to help you seal the deal and get you on the fast track to employment.Read More
Whether you’re the boss, trying to rally the troops at work or you just want to make someone’s day, there are some key phrases that have the power to make a huge difference in your life. We’ll tell you what they are!Read More
Let us help you become the least-stressed person at work. Find out some proven ways to de-stress on the job.Read More
There’s a reason the first smartphone was coined the “Crackberry.” We’ll tell you how to determine when you’ve crossed the line between user and addict.Read More
If you want to ace your next job interview or stay sharp for that presentation, we’ll tell you what to munch on for optimal brain function.Read More
Find out when experts say you should hit the gym to maximize your workout and what it really does for your body.Read More
When times are tough, it’s easy to jump at any job offer. Find out the three red flags that signal you should probably keep looking.Read More
A lot of us don’t know what our company legally can and can’t do. We break it all down so you know what’s allowed – and what’s not – at work.Read More
Find out how to handle big events that are supposed to be fun but end up taking a toll on our nerves!Read More