- Shorten your workday by 30 minutes. You’ll actually get more done than if you work your usual nine or ten hours. That’s because committing to leaving earlier gives you a deadline and forces you to eliminate all the time wasters that eat up your day – like silly interruptions, procrastination, and perfectionism.
- Avoid multi-tasking. Recent studies show that it can take the brain twice as long to process each thing it’s working on when it has to switch back and forth. By learning to focus fully on one project at a time, you can actually regain the extra hour or two that you crave.
- Get a life: Stop relying solely on yourself. Insisting on doing everything yourself burdens you and prevents others from feeling valuable and needed. Delegate more at home and at work to free you up for the things you enjoy and excel at.
- Put all your to-do lists in one place. People who write lists on stray pieces of paper, post-its and the back of napkins waste time wondering where that darn note is! Choose only one tool to keep your notes and lists – a notebook, a palm pilot, whatever. Then prioritize the lists from the top down and do your biggest to-do first. You can always fit the smaller, easier stuff into the cracks. But conquering your biggest to-do gives meaning to your day.
- Schedule one purely joyful activity each week – something that brings you instant happiness. Put it in your datebook as non-negotiable and the quality of your life will transform.
Congratulations on your upcoming job interview! Whether your interview is tomorrow or next month, here are a few tips to help you seal the deal and get you on the fast track to employment.Read More
Whether you’re the boss, trying to rally the troops at work or you just want to make someone’s day, there are some key phrases that have the power to make a huge difference in your life. We’ll tell you what they are!Read More
Let us help you become the least-stressed person at work. Find out some proven ways to de-stress on the job.Read More
There’s a reason the first smartphone was coined the “Crackberry.” We’ll tell you how to determine when you’ve crossed the line between user and addict.Read More
If you want to ace your next job interview or stay sharp for that presentation, we’ll tell you what to munch on for optimal brain function.Read More
Find out when experts say you should hit the gym to maximize your workout and what it really does for your body.Read More
When times are tough, it’s easy to jump at any job offer. Find out the three red flags that signal you should probably keep looking.Read More
A lot of us don’t know what our company legally can and can’t do. We break it all down so you know what’s allowed – and what’s not – at work.Read More
Find out how to handle big events that are supposed to be fun but end up taking a toll on our nerves!Read More