Looking to pay for college? Besides getting amazing grades or taking out huge loans or selling the house there are some interesting ways to get some extra cash for tuition. Here are some of the more “unique” ways to pay for college courtesy CNN and Money Magazine:
- Left-handed? You can get a one thousand-dollar scholarship just for being a lefty. It’s a scholarship set up for Juniata College in Pennsylvania by Mary Francis Buckley who met her husband because they were both lefties and were paired together as tennis partners.
- Want a free ride to Loyola University in Chicago? Just make sure your name is Zolp. As long as it appears on your birth certificate and confirmation certificate you get a free ride to this Catholic University.
- Are you a Trekkie? You can get five hundred dollars by entering the “Klingon Language Institute’s” scholarship contest.
- Good with ducks? You can get fifteen hundred dollars for mastering the art of duck calls. Make sure you’re proficient in “hailing, feeding, comeback and mating” calls.
- Had your growth spurt early? Tall Clubs International has a one thousand dollar scholarship for women who are at least five ten and guys over six two.
- And one last one for anybody fascinated by mold and spores: The Mycological Society of America sponsors several graduate fellowships for students interested in studying mold.
There are plenty of odd and unique scholarships out there. But beware of any scholarship that asks for money from you first. That’s a sign they’re probably not on the up and up.