These tips come from Match.com
- Do post a picture. Profiles with photos are browsed eight times more often than those without.
- Do be proactive. Don't wait for someone to contact you. Get out there and search the profiles.
- Do be clear about your intentions. Are you looking for something serious or just a fling?
- Don't set too many parameters. You might miss out on someone really great.
- Don't just email each other. Set a date. People can be different online when they have all the time in the world to craft an email. You need to know what the real person is like.
- Do meet in a public place, and tell someone where you're going and who you're meeting. There are freaks out there.
- Do be careful how much personal information you share.