Be on the lookout for relationship red flags! There’s a new book out that lists them – it’s called "The Little Black Book of Big Red Flags" by Meagan McCrary and Julie Fishman. And here’s what they say women should beware of:
- If a guy says to you, “I’m never going to be the boyfriend-y type,” take his word for it.
- If you need to contemplate whether or not you’re a guy’s girlfriend, you probably aren’t.
- Beware of a momma’s boy. A guy who's not man enough to have your back on all occasions, even if it means upsetting his mother, isn't worth keeping around.
- If a guy can send you a text, surely he can use the same phone and call you with it. A man who can’t be bothered to actually talk to you isn’t worth wasting your time on.
- If your close friends sit you down and tell you that they think you've changed for the worse since dating your new guy, don't get all defensive — believe them.
- If a guy you’re dating knows, to the day, how long he’s been broken up with his ex, he’s likely still in love with, or at least hung up on, her. You don’t want that kind of emotional competition.
- If your knight in shining armor swoops in offering to improve every area of your life, he’ll end up trying to control your life. It’s one thing if he treats you like a princess; it’s another if he treats you like a project.