You could be if you’re never getting a first date – let alone a second one. Here are the signs you need to back off and chill out. We found these at Match.com:
- The first sign you’re trying too hard: Agreeing with everything your date says, whether you really agree or not. John Seeley, author of Getting Unstuck: A Simple Guide to Restart Your Life, points out that nobody likes a doormat. If you make statements or agree with things only to make someone else happy, eventually they’ll realize you’re just a “yes man” and decide to move on. It’s more attractive to have your own ideas and opinions.
- You start calling old flames just to “see what they’re up to.” Experts say that sort of thing only renews sparks in the movies. Remember: There was probably a good reason why you dated briefly and drifted apart. So it’s probably best not to try to revisit that relationship.
- You contact people online - even if you’re not really interested. Don’t waste your time or anybody else’s. Wait until there’s genuine interest.
- Then there’s taking a class in a subject you already know just so you can shine. But know this: meeting a great partner is all about trust and presenting yourself in an honest light. And if you’re a master chef taking an entry-level cooking class to meet people, you’re going down a very rocky road.
- You got a dog just to help you meet people. Don’t get a pet unless you absolutely love it and can take care of it for 15 years! Getting a dog specifically to meet someone is like saying that you’re not good enough by yourself. And if your pet doesn’t help you on the love front, they’ll probably end up suffering.