According to Match .com, being low maintenance is so much less stressful, for you and everyone around you. Plus you'll have a lot more fun. Here's what they suggest you do:
- Stop worrying about your hair. The simpler the style, the easier it will be to get out of the house and into adventures. Go for super short or long enough to put into a ponytail.
- Buy some comfortable shoes. Couples that play together stay together. And some men find a woman in tennis shoes more attractive than one stumbling around in stilettos.
- Also, learn to laugh at yourself. Being low-maintenance means being able to bounce back quickly from little setbacks. You'll come across as confident and less likely to fall apart when you or someone else makes a mistake.
- Take it easy with the special orders. Believe it or not, the chef might actually know more about food than you do.
- Take care of your own self-esteem. Don't make it a man's job to constantly tell you how great you are.
- Also, be okay with solitude. Even the closest couples need some time apart. You won't mind his poker night if you're looking forward to a quiet evening alone with a book.