But what does it mean if your boyfriend got you a blender? Or your wife got you a tie? Here's a way to decode the subliminal message behind what you got from that special someone, compliments of the website Women .com. First for the ladies:
- If your guy gave you a necklace or other jewelry, what he's telling you is: "Hey, I want you to think about me every time you wear this." Very romantic.
- Did he give you a puppy? That says "I can see us already with the house, the kids and the picket fence." Your next gift might be a diamond.
- If you got a cell phone, he's probably telling you he's genuinely concerned about your safety. OR it could mean he needs to keep track of you every minute. Proceed with caution.
- And if your boyfriend gave you a blender or a cuisinart for the holidays look out. Unless those were on your wish list, he might be telling you he's not attracted to you any more. Those are the gifts you give your mom.
And for the guys:
- If your girl gave you an X-Box, she's telling you, "I know you've got a little boy inside who likes to play, and I'm okay with that."
- Did she give you tickets to a hockey game? That means "Take me to this game and help me learn more about your interests." But just keep in mind that there's a flip side to this. If you take one of your buddies, you're a dead man.
- If she gave you jewelry, what she really means to say is, "Did I tell you my ring size already?"
- And guys, if you got a tie or a wallet from your honey, the news is not good. These are impersonal gifts, so it may mean "Don't let the door hit you on your way out!"