I have an important warning for your child’s health. We’ve talked before on the show about kids inhaling household products like White Out and hair spray to get high. Well, according to Reuters News Service, the latest product teens are using is MOTHBALLS! And they kill more than moths.
Kids put mothballs in a plastic bag and inhale the fumes. It’s called “bagging”. But mothballs contain para-di-chloro-benzene, or PDB, a chemical that causes liver and kidney failure and severe anemia. Here are some warning signs that your kids might have a problem. They have:
- Scaly and itchy skin.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Frequent headaches.
- Or slow movement, clumsiness and weakness.
If your child exhibits any of these symptoms or you find mothballs in their room - don’t hesitate. Talk to your child and to your doctor right away.