These tidbits come from Ladies Home Journal.
- The current record for the longest kiss is 30 hours, 59 minutes, and 27 seconds. That was by a New Jersey couple for a 2001 Valentine's Day TV special.
- According to a Gallup poll, the best on-screen kiss was between Clark Gable and Vivien Leigh in "Gone with the Wind."
- A kiss uses up 6.4 calories per minute. But there's a downside! During a kiss, as many as 278 colonies of bacteria can be exchanged. Ew! More kissing facts.
- You know the expression, "You may now kiss the bride?" It comes from Roman times, when the new husband and wife kissed in a spiritual union to exchange the "breath of life."
- And our last fun fact about puckering up should get all you e-bayers thinking. A lipstick imprint of a kiss made by Mick Jagger sold for $1,600.