You’ve heard the old adage, “You are what you eat.” Well, guess what. The foods you prefer tell a lot about your personality. Here’s the scoop from neurobiologist Dr. Alan Hirsch from the Smell & Taste Research and Treatment Center. He analyzed the personalities and food preferences of hundreds of people, and here are the conclusions he came to:
- First, people who love potato chip are ambitious, successful, competitive, and don’t like to waste time. And they love it when their spouse and kids succeed at something.
- Then, people who prefer tortilla chips are perfectionists, always on time, and make good house guests. They’re responsible about money, fight for the little guy, and are the kind of person you’d want to be marooned with on a deserted island.
- People who adore cheese curls are down-to-earth, honorable, practice what they preach, and treat everyone fairly. They don’t like clutter, don’t care about status, and always plan ahead, so they’ll probably have spare batteries and a first-aid kit.
- Nut lovers are dependable, level-headed, and easy-going. They also tend to stay calm in emergencies, and don’t usually mind when plans change at the last minute.
- And people who prefer popcorn are achievement-oriented, but they’re extremely modest and humble about their successes and won’t try to impress you. In fact, you could live next door to a popcorn lover and never know they donated millions of dollars to charity until you read about it in their obituary.