- First, ignore the fancy packaging. Just because the sugar cookie is frosted to look like a cute turkey, it doesn't mean it's any different from the fattening cookies you've been passing up all year long.
- Then, beware of limited-time-only coffee drinks, like eggnog lattes and peppermint mochas. They're brimming with fat and calories. Instead, try freshly brewed gourmet coffees, like pumpkin spice or cinnamon hazelnut, with fat-free milk.
- Another way to spare your diet during the holidays is--chew gum while you're cooking! It'll prevent you from constantly tasting as you stir.
- Also, instead of hosting a holiday party at your kid's school, suggest taking the kids on a winter nature walk. But if everyone prefers a party, share the spirit. Work with the school to donate leftovers to a food pantry. And have some of the kids make the delivery with you.
- And one final way to help you stick to your diet during the holiday season is: Before you scarf down that sticky bun you're craving, try this: Pop into a dressing room and try on a bathing suit. If you still want the sticky bun after that, go for it!
Experts say there are some tricks to keep us from reaching for the cookies after a bad day. We’ve rounded up the best advice, including why a foot massage can help!Read More
If you’ve been misplacing your smartphone lately, it could be just one physical symptom of stress. Find out the signs that you’re under too much stress and how your health could plummet if you don’t treat it.Read More
We have a list of a few 5-second health checks that give the first warning signs that something is really wrong – from colon cancer to sleep deprivation.Read More
We’ll tell you about a simple way to lose weight, reduce the risk of serious illness, and help your community. It’s easy: The next time there’s a blood drive in your neighborhood, book an appointment.Read More
We’ll tell you how the TRILLIONS of bacteria that live in our stomachs and intestines affect everything from our waist size to our anxiety levels.Read More
Experts say there are certain foods that can make us happier. Find out what we should be adding to our diet to boost our mood!Read More
From eating broccoli to give your skin a radiant glow to why washing your face too much can cause long-term damage – we’ll tell you how to keep your skin clean and clear.Read More
We have the secret to dieting without deprivation – including the easiest way to turn mindless eating into something positive!Read More
From what to add in your diet to the amount of sun you really need, find out what small life changes can lower your cancer risk by 50%.Read More