- First, ignore the fancy packaging. Just because the sugar cookie is frosted to look like a cute turkey, it doesn't mean it's any different from the fattening cookies you've been passing up all year long.
- Then, beware of limited-time-only coffee drinks, like eggnog lattes and peppermint mochas. They're brimming with fat and calories. Instead, try freshly brewed gourmet coffees, like pumpkin spice or cinnamon hazelnut, with fat-free milk.
- Another way to spare your diet during the holidays is--chew gum while you're cooking! It'll prevent you from constantly tasting as you stir.
- Also, instead of hosting a holiday party at your kid's school, suggest taking the kids on a winter nature walk. But if everyone prefers a party, share the spirit. Work with the school to donate leftovers to a food pantry. And have some of the kids make the delivery with you.
- And one final way to help you stick to your diet during the holiday season is: Before you scarf down that sticky bun you're craving, try this: Pop into a dressing room and try on a bathing suit. If you still want the sticky bun after that, go for it!
Our phones may be giving us motion sickness! Find out why experts say the problem’s getting worse, and what we can do to avoid it.Read More
With a growing number of schools educating teachers how to confront, and even attack, potential shooters, we explore whether experts think the trend will actually make kids safer.Read More
We’ve rounded up the easiest ways to boost our heart health, including the smartest snack to eat and why taking a short afternoon walk can help keep you out of the cardio ward.Read More
Whether we eat lunch at our desk or skip lunch altogether, our horrible lunch habits wrecking our health. Find out why it does so much damage and what we can do about it.Read More
We’ll share five tips to increase your metabolism including what you can pile on your plate to help you lose weight!Read More
The new trend of standing at your desk is taking over. We look at whether it's a healthy way to boost productivity, or a distracting waste of time.Read More
Your driving posture may be responsible for your last speeding ticket. New research shows how we stand and sit can make us more confident and focused – OR more reckless and dishonest.Read More
We’ll tell you why you should spend less money in the vitamin store, and more at the farmers’ market since you’re better off getting a small dose of nutrients from real food than a large dose from a pill.Read More
Are you ready for a food fight? Here’s the holiday version – so you know which seasonal foods pack the most nutritional punch.Read More
Every year, we get a little weaker when it comes to fighting off infections and viruses. Find out what’s making our immune system even weaker – on top of just getting older – and how to strengthen it.Read More