Here are a few tips to help you eat healthy around the holidays. These come from Weight Watchers magazine:
- First, ignore the fancy packaging. Just because the sugar cookie is frosted to look like a cute turkey, it doesn't mean it's any different from the fattening cookies you've been passing up all year long.
- Then, beware of limited-time-only coffee drinks, like eggnog lattes and peppermint mochas. They're brimming with fat and calories. Instead, try freshly brewed gourmet coffees, like pumpkin spice or cinnamon hazelnut, with fat-free milk.
- Another way to spare your diet during the holidays is--chew gum while you're cooking! It'll prevent you from constantly tasting as you stir.
- Also, instead of hosting a holiday party at your kid's school, suggest taking the kids on a winter nature walk. But if everyone prefers a party, share the spirit. Work with the school to donate leftovers to a food pantry. And have some of the kids make the delivery with you.
- And one final way to help you stick to your diet during the holiday season is: Before you scarf down that sticky bun you're craving, try this: Pop into a dressing room and try on a bathing suit. If you still want the sticky bun after that, go for it!