- First, ignore the fancy packaging. Just because the sugar cookie is frosted to look like a cute turkey, it doesn't mean it's any different from the fattening cookies you've been passing up all year long.
- Then, beware of limited-time-only coffee drinks, like eggnog lattes and peppermint mochas. They're brimming with fat and calories. Instead, try freshly brewed gourmet coffees, like pumpkin spice or cinnamon hazelnut, with fat-free milk.
- Another way to spare your diet during the holidays is--chew gum while you're cooking! It'll prevent you from constantly tasting as you stir.
- Also, instead of hosting a holiday party at your kid's school, suggest taking the kids on a winter nature walk. But if everyone prefers a party, share the spirit. Work with the school to donate leftovers to a food pantry. And have some of the kids make the delivery with you.
- And one final way to help you stick to your diet during the holiday season is: Before you scarf down that sticky bun you're craving, try this: Pop into a dressing room and try on a bathing suit. If you still want the sticky bun after that, go for it!
You may think over-tanning before your big event will help you look fabulous. We'll tell you why toasting yourself could cost your life - even if you tan on a regular basis.Read More
For some, asking their doctor about the digestive system can be unpleasant. So, we saved the embarrassment and asked for you!Read More
There's a difference between spending money and investing it. Let's take a look a few ways you can invest your money wisely toward your overall happiness!Read More
Long-term exposure to hidden toxins can raise certain health risks. So, what toxins can be avoided, and where are they hiding?Read More
We’ll tell you how to gauge the cleanliness of the your dentist’s office and how to protect yourself at your next dental visit.Read More
Want the key to longevity? We’ll tell you what it is and how you can apply it to your everyday life!Read More
All that hand sanitizing and the anti-bacterial soaps we use may be doing us more harm than good. We explain why experts say being so clean could be bad for our health.Read More
We explain why senior communities are the new hip places for the elderly.Read More
We explain how even the smallest stressful event impacts our health and the right way to handle those types of situations.Read More
Experts say the perception that some people can’t lose weight – or simply don’t want to – is bunk. Find out what worked and the myths that can get in our way to a smaller size.Read More