Here’s how to cut your stress immediately: Stop worrying about things that don’t matter! Here’s a list of seven things that don’t matter as much as you think they do from Men’s Health magazine.
- Losing your hair! Stop worrying about it. When you embrace hair loss and ditch the comb over, you go from seeming self-conscious to self-confident. Just think of how women view actor Ed Harris or Bruce Willis versus someone like Donald Trump. Women look at him and think, ‘what is he hiding?’
- Getting to work before everyone, just so you can win brownie points. Get there on time, unless you have something really urgent to attend to. In the words of author John D. MacDonald, “The early bird who catches the worm works for someone who comes in late and owns the worm farm.”
- Also, don’t worry about coming to work when you’re sick. People who use their personal and sick days are happier, more rested, more productive, and in better physical and mental health.
- What your in-laws think of you. Your spouse either married you because you’re just like them, or because you’re their polar opposite. Either way, your wife married you because she thinks highly of you. That’s what matters.
- Being famous. Kato Kaelin is famous. Lyndie England is famous. You don’t need to be famous.
- Being rich. If you make too much money, you’ll only end up wearing too much diamond jewelry and getting mugged. Or you’ll end up spoon-feeding Beluga caviar to your toy poodle. Who needs that?
- Stop worrying about ruining your kids. As long as you keep your son off the pipe, your daughter off the streets, and you care about their happiness, you’re ahead of the game.