- First, there's black tea. It comes from the same antioxidant-rich plant that produces green tea, and boosts your resistance to cancer and heart disease. Just remember: decaf tea has fewer antioxidants, bottled and instant teas pretty much don't have any, and refrigeration depletes tea's power. So researchers at Tufts University recommend you make it yourself and drink it hot.
- Another superpower food: celery. It's a great source of potassium, which helps reduce blood pressure and regulate your body's electrolytes. In fact, 4 medium stalks of celery deliver the same amount of potassium as a banana, for a quarter of the calories.
- Next, cherries have more powerful antioxidants than almost any other food analyzed by the USDA. Cherries are particularly rich in micro-nutrients that help boost your immunity, and mop up disease-causing free radicals.
- Another secret superpower food: mushrooms especially portobellos. They're low in calories, high in B-complex vitamins, and have lots of selenium, an antioxidant that helps protect against cancer. Mushrooms also contain 2 types of fiber that absorb fat and whisk it out of the blood, lowering your risk for heart disease.
- And the final star-power food: raw onions. Experts say onions have blood-thinning properties similar to aspirin, and contain flavonoids that reduce your risk of a heart attack.
You may think over-tanning before your big event will help you look fabulous. We'll tell you why toasting yourself could cost your life - even if you tan on a regular basis.Read More
For some, asking their doctor about the digestive system can be unpleasant. So, we saved the embarrassment and asked for you!Read More
There's a difference between spending money and investing it. Let's take a look a few ways you can invest your money wisely toward your overall happiness!Read More
Long-term exposure to hidden toxins can raise certain health risks. So, what toxins can be avoided, and where are they hiding?Read More
We’ll tell you how to gauge the cleanliness of the your dentist’s office and how to protect yourself at your next dental visit.Read More
Want the key to longevity? We’ll tell you what it is and how you can apply it to your everyday life!Read More
All that hand sanitizing and the anti-bacterial soaps we use may be doing us more harm than good. We explain why experts say being so clean could be bad for our health.Read More
We explain why senior communities are the new hip places for the elderly.Read More
We explain how even the smallest stressful event impacts our health and the right way to handle those types of situations.Read More
Experts say the perception that some people can’t lose weight – or simply don’t want to – is bunk. Find out what worked and the myths that can get in our way to a smaller size.Read More