- First, there's black tea. It comes from the same antioxidant-rich plant that produces green tea, and boosts your resistance to cancer and heart disease. Just remember: decaf tea has fewer antioxidants, bottled and instant teas pretty much don't have any, and refrigeration depletes tea's power. So researchers at Tufts University recommend you make it yourself and drink it hot.
- Another superpower food: celery. It's a great source of potassium, which helps reduce blood pressure and regulate your body's electrolytes. In fact, 4 medium stalks of celery deliver the same amount of potassium as a banana, for a quarter of the calories.
- Next, cherries have more powerful antioxidants than almost any other food analyzed by the USDA. Cherries are particularly rich in micro-nutrients that help boost your immunity, and mop up disease-causing free radicals.
- Another secret superpower food: mushrooms especially portobellos. They're low in calories, high in B-complex vitamins, and have lots of selenium, an antioxidant that helps protect against cancer. Mushrooms also contain 2 types of fiber that absorb fat and whisk it out of the blood, lowering your risk for heart disease.
- And the final star-power food: raw onions. Experts say onions have blood-thinning properties similar to aspirin, and contain flavonoids that reduce your risk of a heart attack.
Experts say there are some tricks to keep us from reaching for the cookies after a bad day. We’ve rounded up the best advice, including why a foot massage can help!Read More
If you’ve been misplacing your smartphone lately, it could be just one physical symptom of stress. Find out the signs that you’re under too much stress and how your health could plummet if you don’t treat it.Read More
We have a list of a few 5-second health checks that give the first warning signs that something is really wrong – from colon cancer to sleep deprivation.Read More
We’ll tell you about a simple way to lose weight, reduce the risk of serious illness, and help your community. It’s easy: The next time there’s a blood drive in your neighborhood, book an appointment.Read More
We’ll tell you how the TRILLIONS of bacteria that live in our stomachs and intestines affect everything from our waist size to our anxiety levels.Read More
Experts say there are certain foods that can make us happier. Find out what we should be adding to our diet to boost our mood!Read More
From eating broccoli to give your skin a radiant glow to why washing your face too much can cause long-term damage – we’ll tell you how to keep your skin clean and clear.Read More
We have the secret to dieting without deprivation – including the easiest way to turn mindless eating into something positive!Read More
From what to add in your diet to the amount of sun you really need, find out what small life changes can lower your cancer risk by 50%.Read More