You can lose weight while you’re working! It’s a common complaint of the modern world - you work too much and have too little time to exercise, so it’s easy to pack on the pounds. Tthere ARE some tricks to getting skinny at work! Try these secrets from CareerBuilder.com to slim down during the workday:
- Take the stairs. Skipping the elevator and climbing six flights of stairs every day for a year could help you lose 18 pounds. Here’s a bonus: stair climbing is a weight-bearing exercise that strengthens your bones.
- Get off one stop early. Make your commute more active by getting off the train or bus one stop early and walking a few extra blocks. If you live close enough, walk to work!
- Don’t just eat on your lunch break. Instead, try eating AND sneaking in a workout or brisk walk. According to Web MD, a 150-pound person can burn about 280 calories per hour walking briskly.
- Join the softball league! Company-sponsored sporting events can be a fun way to burn calories and build bonds with your co-workers.
- Drink more water. A lot of people eat when they’re bored. Keep a bottle of water handy so you’ll resist the urge to hit the vending machines.
- Bring your own lunch. It’s a good way to control calories AND save money.
- Fidget. Every little bit of motion counts. According to a Mayo Clinic study, just tapping your toes will help you burn 72 calories during an 8-hour workday.
Try these tips! Not only will you feel better, but your clothes will fit better by the end of the year.