How your morning goes sets the tone for the rest of your day. If you get off to the right start, you’ll be calmer, happier, and more productive all day long. So here are some tips from the experts and Woman’s World magazine:
- Tip number one: Trade your coffee for some hot chocolate. Research shows that drinking one cup of cocoa every morning will increase blood flow in your brain, hands, and legs. That’ll help you feel noticeably more energized and alert. And it’s not the same to sip cold chocolate milk. More anti-oxidants are released when the cocoa is hot. And know this: Cocoa's antioxidants are almost two times stronger than red wine, two to three times stronger than green tea, and four to five times stronger than black tea.
- Tip number two to start your day right: Visualize your day’s challenges. Worried about a big test, or that day’s workload – before you leave the house, close your eyes and imagine yourself tackling your toughest challenge, or acing that test. Research proves that people who use their mind’s eye to visualize success are much more likely to achieve their goals. That comes from psychologist Brent Rushall. If you say, “I’ll never get through it!” it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy and you won’t.
- And the third way to start the day right: Tackle the tough stuff first. Your brainpower and memory peak first thing in the morning. That’s according to the book “The Body Clock Advantage” So if you need to do something mentally challenging, don’t procrastinate! Get it done by 10am.
And as an added boost, here are 3 essentials for a smooth and productive day:
1. A low-fat granola bar. Complex crabs will give you lasting energy if you’re in a pinch.
2. Bottled water. Staying hydrated improves brain function.
3. A family photo. Just looking at people you love boosts your mood.