King Arthur had his round table, the president has his cabinet. Your circle of advisors is just as important. So here's some advice from Lifetime .com for picking the buddies who can help you succeed:
- The Merlin. Every woman needs their own personal wise woman. She's the one who's been there, done that. She might be your mentor at work, or maybe she's been through the terrible two's with her own kids. She's the friend you can count on when you need the voice of experience.
- You also need an "in the trenches with you" friend. This is the woman who shares your profession, has kids the same age, or mirrors your life in some other way. You can count on her to really understand when you're having a meltdown and life seems sooooo tough. So go ahead and vent. She'll get it.
- Next - the joker. She's probably the flakiest person you know and you wish she'd be on time for something, ANYTHING. But she sure can make you laugh. She's so "out there" she says whatever's on her mind. And when you need a laugh, she's the first person you call.
- The younger than springtime friend. Having a friend who's younger can give you a good perspective on just how far you've come. They keep you fresh and remind you of the dreams you thought you'd left behind.
- And finally, The true-blue Gallahad. Every woman needs a trustworthy male friend in life. This is the one person who can translate guy-speak for you. And if you've picked him right, he can be a role model for the type of man you deserve in your life.