Right now, I'm going to save you 4 hours and 10 minutes. Add these time efficiency tricks to your life and you'll end every week with the one thing we all crave more of time!
- To start, you can save 30 minutes at the grocery store just by going on the right day and time. Face it, going on Sunday is the equivalent of going to Disney World in June crowded and crazy. Instead, shop on Wednesday. According to the Food Marketing Institute, that's the day when stores distribute their circulars so you know what's on sale. Also, keep in mind this universal grocery tip: Stores are always less jammed when the highways are jammed. That's between 5 and 9am or 5 and 9pm.
- Here's how to save 2 more hours stop running errands! You can order stamps online at www.USPS.com. You can stock up on toiletries at www.Drugstore.com. Need to find a plumber, vet, bakery? Don't waste your time driving around. Hit www.InsiderPages.com it's like the Yellow Pages but with customer reviews.
- Okay want another hour of free time? Stop spending so much time doing laundry! The average woman spends nearly 8 hours a week doing laundry! So buy a three bin hamper to cut sorting time. Then, toss your wrinkled clothes in the dryer for 10 or 15 minutes with a damp towel. The hot moisture from the towel will loosen the wrinkles so you won't have to iron.
- Save up to an hour a week by cutting down on your cooking time. Go to www.MealTime.org for 300 recipes all of which only require a can opener. Just make sure you have these staples on hand: cans of tuna, chicken, beans, tomatoes, corn, and vegetable soup.
- Okay one last way to save time. The 10 minutes you spend arguing with your kids to turn off the TV. Instead of hovering over the TV or PlayStation, plunk down $90 bucks for a Time Scout Monitor. It gives your kids an allotted number of minutes in front of the tube or computer or video games and then it shuts off automatically. No more negotiating, bribing or looking like the bad guy.