You'll Never Have an Afternoon Slump Again
Here are the foods to eat for instant energy. You don’t need a keg of coffee or a quick sugar rush. Just pack these foods…Playlist
Here are the foods to eat for instant energy. You don’t need a keg of coffee or a quick sugar rush. Just pack these foods in your bag before you leave the house. I got these tips from Real Age .com.
- First, drink water. Sometimes what feels like fatigue is really dehydration. So drink an 8 ounce glass of water, then take a quick walk around the block or the parking lot. The water will re-hydrate you, and even a 10-minute walk can make you more alert and clear headed for 2 hours.
- Another way to fight the afternoon slump: eat watermelon. It’s high in sugar so it metabolizes into your system quickly. But it’s loaded with fiber and vitamins A and C so you won’t get the sugar crash that you would from the processed sugar in cookies.
- Next, eat Brazil nuts for energy. Just 6 nuts gives you 4 grams of protein and a good dose of healthy fat. Plus they’re loaded with mood-lifting selenium and fatigue-fighting magnesium.
- Also try dried dates. They were originally used in the Sahara to provide quick energy to camels. Plus they have potassium which boosts brainpower and makes you more alert.
- Finally, eat a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread. It’s the perfect mix of carbs, good fats, protein, and fiber. And it’s brain food. When scientists gave subjects a P B & J sandwich, they did better on attention and memory tests.