Give Things Up To Be Happy
Want to be happy? Then be ready to give some things up.Playlist
The experts agree: It’s easy to be happy. Here’s a list of things we need to give up in order to gain happiness:
- First, let go of your need for CONTROL. Trying to control people, situations and events in our lives is exhausting, and adds stress. You can’t control anything but your own actions. So accept people and situations for who and what they are. And if you don’t like something, change yourself, your reactions or expectations.
- Also, give up COMPLAINING and BLAMING. When you blame someone else, you're saying you have no power over your own life. Stop blaming and complaining, and start taking responsibility. Nothing can make us unhappy unless we allow it to.
- Another thing we need to give up to be happy:The need to ALWAYS BE RIGHT. Educator and author Wayne Dyer put it this way: “Would you rather be right, or would you rather be kind?” Because people who always feel the need to prove they’re right and others are wrong usually bring stress and pain to their relationships.
- We also need to stop CRITICIZING. Because criticism is just another way of saying other people don’t think, act, or look the same as you do. And experts say the reality is that we’re all different. So, get over it. The sooner you accept that fact, the sooner you’ll be happy.
- The next thing we need to give up to be happy:The need to impress other people. Because trying to be something you’re not is a lot of work. Actors get paid big bucks to do that, but when we do it, it generally just stresses us out. Instead, embrace the real you, and others will be drawn to you.
- Finally: Give up your FEAR. When Franklin D. Roosevelt said: “The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself”, he was referring to the fact that fear doesn’t really exist. It’s actually something we create in our minds that holds us back from taking action. But the sooner you find what makes you happy and do it, regardless of what other people think or that you might fail, the sooner you’ll be happy.
What do you think? What have you given up to be happy? Let us know in the comments below.