If your kid takes figure skating lessons, or plays ice hockey, listen up. Their life could be at risk! How? From toxic carbon monoxide poisoning from gas-powered ice-resurfacing machines. Experts say the carbon monoxide fumes and micro-particles from Zamboni engine exhaust linger inside enclosed ice rinks, and can hurt those who breathe them in, causing symptoms like headaches, nausea, dizziness, and exhaustion. The issue was in the news recently when one 14-year-old hockey player - who practiced four times a week - fainted in the locker room and couldn't get up. He and his entire team were diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning.Long-term exposure can be devastating. Former Ice Capades dancer Linda Davis was diagnosed with long-term carbon monoxide exposure in her 40s, after decades of ice time. She has lung damage, chronic memory problems, and must use a respirator. Researchers decided to find out just how unsafe the air is inside ice rinks with gas-powered resurfacers, so they set up a test at a Pennsylvania ice rink. After just five twice as much as the older fuel-models - but it's the only way to keep the air fresh. Know the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. They include dizziness, headaches, nausea, and light-headedness.